The Rotary Club of Kitchener is an engaged community leader that supports the work of Rotary around the globe with a local, city core, focus on community, families, and children in need.
Established in 1922, the Rotary Club of Kitchener was the first Rotary Club in Kitchener-Waterloo and has been instrumental in forming the Waterloo Club, the Kitchener Conestoga Club, the Kitchener Westmount Club, and the Kitchener Grand River Club. The efforts of the members of the Kitchener Club have led to the establishment of the Rotary Children’s Centre – now KidsAbility Centre – the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery, and the Rotary Peace Park located in RIM Park. We were the first club in KW to support the inclusion of women in Rotary, established the first Women’s Probus Club in KW and founded the Rotary African Women’s Education Fund. We have supported multiple local charities and institutions over the years and have developed or supported several international humanitarian projects. We are the lead club in the Community Development Care Centres project in KwaZulu, Natal, South Africa, which to date has created over 50 Child Care Centres for Aids orphans. Our club has been the recipient of many RI Presidential Citations and we have had four club members serve as District Governor.
We, the members of the Rotary Club of Kitchener:
- Are open, inclusive, and transparent,
- Are visible in our work in the community,
- Make financial contributions that are significant to the agencies that we support,
- Encourage family participation, and promote the Family of Rotary, and bring hope worldwide.
- The Rotary Club of Kitchener is an engaged community leader that supports the work of Rotary around the globe with a local, city core, focus on community, families, and children in need.
We meet Mondays at noon at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Kitchener. You can find out more about the Rotary Club of Kitchener by following us on Twitter: @KitchenerRotary, liking us on Facebook: Rotary-Club-of-Kitchener, or visiting our webpage at KitchenerRotary.ca.